Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas, I Hate You

by Jen Hunt, from the archives

Christmas, I hate you
The stress of you
The mess of you
The fit in small black dress of you
The fake of you
The ache of you
The up 'til midnight bake of you
The glitz of you
The blitz of you
The party can't be missed of you
The bait of you
The weight of you
The dread of late mail fate of you
The rush of you
The slush of you
The crumpled wrapping mush of you
The whet of you
The get of you
The deeper into debt of you

Jesus, I love you
The fuss of you
The muss of you
The come and walk our dust of you
The why of you
The lye of you
The love I could not buy of you
The serve of you
The nerve of you
The not what I deserve of you
The calm of you
The balm of you
The feel here in my palm of you
The catch of you
The patch of you
The death has met its match of you
The near of you
The far of you
The take me where you are of you